Taylor is a spin-off of the University of Technology Eindhoven, which develops and supplies micro-electronics for the PV industry. Our technology makes solar systems simple. We are a young company where focus on excellence, independent thinking, and trust in partnerships are the starting point for what we do. Taylor is on the verge of its high-volume market introduction and is looking for new talent to join our team.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who can design and optimize the thermal design for our cell-string solar optimizers, as to increase its lifetime. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) is required. The responsibilities require a high level of autonomy, with continuous interaction with both internal as well as external technology experts from other engineering domains. We are looking for someone that is excellent in the technical domain, but also has an eye for the bigger picture and takes costs and manufacturing into account. Experience with MATLAB / Python and CAD is a must. Practical working experience is a plus.
• Model the heat flows through the devices
• Design cooling solutions in CAD
• Translate insights to system level
• Perform thermal measurements
• Analyse costs and support large scale manufacturing processes
• Source and support negotiations with (future) suppliers
• Collaboration with our knowledge institute partners (i.e. TNO, Solliance, Energyville, RWTH Aachen)
• Position with growth opportunities in an international high-tech cleantech start-up
• An interdisciplinary and highly competent team
• Highly autonomous and flexible work conditions
• Prime location at Strijp-S in Eindhoven (from 1st of February)
• Travel allowance
• Salary based on experience | Opportunity for internship or graduation project